Acceptable Use Policy
All products and services provided by Konnektive may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission or storage of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or local laws is strictly prohibited. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Konnektive from any claims resulting from Customer’s use of the service which damages Customer or any other parties, including attorney’s fees.
NOTICE: Load balancing activity is prohibited by the card schemes and banks and will lead to termination of your merchant facilities if discovered.
Konnektive will not be liable for any interruptions in service or other monetary loss related to enforcement of the Konnektive Terms of Service (TOS), including this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Services Provided:
Konnektive provides Customer with Web-based sales and marketing automation software that includes e-mail, fax, voice broadcast, e-Commerce and affiliate functionality. All services provided must be used by Customer in compliance with the Konnektive Terms of Service.
- Customer Obligations:
Customer agrees to use Konnektive’s services in a manner that is legal, appropriate and in conformity with industry standards and to respect the privacy of consumers. More specifically, Customer agrees to abide by Konnektive’s requirements governing the use of the various components of the services, as described below:E-Mail: Konnektive strictly prohibits any involvement in Unsolicited Commercial E-mail campaigns (UCE, more commonly called “Spam”).
Konnektive maintains a Zero-Tolerance policy against Spam, whether direct, indirect or through any affiliate or agent acting on the Customer’s behalf.
As determined by Konnektive’s sole discretion, Customer shall have proof that all individuals in the Customer’s database have opted in or otherwise agreed to receive communications from Customer.
All lists used in conjunction with the services provided by Konnektive are required to be 100% solicited (opt-in) lists. This means that the individuals on the list have explicitly agreed to receive information from your business entity. The practice of bartering, purchasing or renting lists of names and sending e-mails to those people is strictly prohibited. Marketing lists containing email addresses within Konnektive cannot be shared/duplicated/transferred between individual applications.
Furthermore, in accordance with CAN-SPAM legislation, all e-mail messages sent using Konnektive’s services must use the Konnektive-provided opt-out link, must include a valid physical address of the sender and must contain a clear subject line that does not mislead the recipient as to the contents of the e-mail. Customers are advised to consult their own attorney to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws.
The opt-out link may not be excessively “padded” with line-breaks or similar means to deceive recipients.
The complaint rate (“feedback rate”) may not exceed the accepted industry standard at the time of transmission. Failure to comply will result in penalties and restrictions as defined under Violations and Penalties, below. As of this writing, the industry standard for complaint rates is less than .1% (1/1000) on a per Email/Internet Service Provider basis. It is Customer’s sole responsibility to maintain under the then-current industry standard.
Unsubscribe requests must be processed immediately.
Fax: Konnektive strictly prohibits the use of its facsimile (“Fax”) services for illegal or inappropriate purposes. Customer agrees that all faxing services provided by Konnektive will be used only for proper legal purposes and in a lawful manner. Customer must have permission from each recipient in order to send faxes to that recipient.
Voice Broadcast: Konnektive strictly prohibits the use of its voice broadcasting services for illegal or unethical purposes. Customer agrees that all voice broadcast services will be used only for proper legal purposes and in a lawful manner.
Customer may not send voice broadcasts to any individual listed on the National Do Not Call Registry unless Customer has express permission from the recipient to receive voice communications from Customer.
E-Commerce: Konnektive provides e-Commerce services including Web Form(s), Sale Form(s), tracking links, redirected “Landing Pages,” etc. Customers may not send unsolicited communications whether through Konnektive’s services or by means of third-parties which direct individuals to any Konnektive e-Commerce services that reference Konnektive.
Affiliates: Any and all of Customer’s affiliates are bound by the terms of the Konnektive Terms of Service. Customer is solely responsible for ensuring their affiliates are compliant to the Konnektive Terms of Service. Customer’s failure to ensure their affiliates’ compliance will be subject to the enforcement these policies.
- Violations and Penalties:
Customers who fail to comply with the terms of the Konnektive Terms of Service will be subject to the following penalties, including, but not limited to, immediate termination of service.Complaints: A $250 investigation fee may be assessed to Customer’s account for each complaint of unauthorized communication that Konnektive receives involving a Customer’s account. This non-refundable fee goes toward confirming complaints either digitally or verbally between sources of complaints. “Complaints” may include, but is not limited to individual reports e-mailed to abuse@Konnektive.com, third-party ISP complaint notifications, notification from anti-spam organizations such as “SpamCop” and internal heuristic research performed.
Notice and Communication of Complaints: Upon receiving a complaint, Konnektive will notify Customer of said complaint and investigate the validity of the complaint. If Customer does not take immediate remedial action to rectify the situation, Konnektive reserves the right to suspend Customer’s service until Customer has resolved the situation to Konnektive’s satisfaction, at Konnektive’s sole discretion. “Customer Notification” — Konnektive will make a reasonable effort to contact Customer in the form of e-mail, telephone and login notification within the Konnektive Application; sourced from information currently on file.
Confirmed Violations, Unsolicited E-Mail: A $250 non-refundable investigation fee will apply per complaint in the event Konnektive determines that Customer sent an unsolicited communication to a recipient who did not agree to receive communications from Customer. In the event of multiple complaints, Konnektive services may be suspended in order to maintain integrity of services provided. Services can only be reinstated by meeting the criteria as determined by Konnektive to minimize and address complaints.
Confirmed Violations, Complaint Rate, Reactivation Fee: In the event complaint rates exceed industry standards, Konnektive will immediately suspend e-mail services and notify Customer via e-mail and/or telephone. A $200 “Service Reactivation Fee” will be applied toward the Customer’s account for investigation resources spent toward identifying and addressing high complaint rates.
Excessive, Widespread and/or Repeated Violations: In accordance with Konnektive’s Zero-Tolerance No-Spam Policy, Konnektive will immediately terminate the account of any Customer found to be involved in a non-compliant marketing campaign or other widespread or repeated violation of the Konnektive Terms of Service. All data contained in Customer’s account will be permanently removed. Customer will be held accountable for any monetary damages suffered by Konnektive, due to Customer’s actions or inactions. Such monetary damages may include, but are not limited to, loss of Web services, regulatory penalties (e.g., FTC) and punitive damages related to lost clients and revenues due to said violation. The determination of what constitutes an “excessive, widespread and/or repeated violation” of this policy will be determined by Konnektive.
- Reservation of Rights:
Konnektive reserves the right to terminate Customer’s account for any violation of the Konnektive Terms of Service.Konnektive reserves the following rights:
Questionable Practices (“Inappropriate Use”):
Konnektive may terminate Customer’s account if Customer engages in any practice that is, in Konnektive’s sole discretion, objectionable, unlawful, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, libelous or hateful, or that encourages conduct which would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law. This includes, but is not limited to:
- content that in any way exploits minors under 18 years of age
- viruses, worms, phishing, malware, or any other potentially harmful software
- marketing to any lists of associations, memberships, voters or realtors, or any other lists whose recipients did not express explicit consent to receive such marketing material
- products, services, or content that are often associated with abusive business practices or spam, such as:
- pornography or illicitly pornographic sexual products, including but not limited to adult magazines, video and software, escort services, dating services, or adult “swinger” promotions
- illegal drugs, software, media, or other goods
- manufacture, importation, possession, use and/or distribution of marijuana or any other violation of the Controlled Substances Act
- instructions on how to assemble or otherwise make bombs, or other weaponry
- online and direct pharmaceutical sales
- debt collections, credit repair and debt relief offerings
- stock picks or promotions
- “get rich quick” and other similar offers
- promoting pyramid schemes or network marketing (i.e. MLM) businesses
- odds making and betting/gambling services, including but not limited online casino games, and sporting events
Change of Terms and Conditions
Konnektive reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Policy, as needed. Use of Konnektive’s software and/or services by Customer after said changes constitutes Customer’s acceptance of the new Policy. Konnektive will inform Customer when significant changes are made to any policies under the Konnektive Terms of Service by means of the Customer’s e-mail, currently on file.
ALL CUSTOMERS AND AFFILIATES ARE EXPECTED TO AGREE TO ALL TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN. DIGITAL ACCEPTANCE IS ACHIEVED WHEN CUSTOMERS OR AFFILIATES ACCESS OR IN ANY WAY USE KONNEKTIVE SERVICES.
FAILURE TO AGREE AND COMPLY WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF SERVICES.
The User, whether it be system User or API User agrees that during the term of the Agreement and for two years thereafter, User will not develop, reengineer Konnektive technology, offer, sell or distribute a competing technology to the Konnektive Service. A competing service is defined as a service that seeks to acquire Users for the purpose of offering a customer relationship management (CRM) or campaign management software system. User understands that violation of this clause is grounds for immediate termination of the Agreement by Konnektive with no liability on the part of Konnektive and further User understands that Konnektive may seek equitable relief to stop the violation and competing activity as well as any other relief available under the law.
Usage of Konnektive products and services constitutes customer’s acceptance of Konnektive’s billing policy, and all customers must comply with this billing policy.
Special note regarding signed contracts: If you entered into a signed contract for your services, such as an annual contract, please review your contract for specific terms relating to your obligations in addition this billing policy. In the event the terms of your signed contract conflict with these terms, the signed contract will prevail.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all accounts are set up on a prepaid basis, and payment must be received by Konnektive before any billable product or service is provided/activated. Customers are required to keep a valid credit/debit card on file to charge for recurring monthly subscription fees, fax or voice broadcast service fees and all email overage fees.
- Subscription billing is based on availability of products and services, not based on usage. However, certain fees may be usage-based such as fax, voice broadcast service fees, and email overages. Disabled applications will incur monthly subscription fees, regardless of availability of product in the case of a breach of online terms including but not limited to delinquent accounts.
- Customers are responsible for keeping all credit/debit card details and contact information current. This can be done online through the Customer Center. To access the Customer Center, customers should log into their Konnektive application, click on “Subscription” and then click “Update your billing info”.
- All recurring subscriptions are automatically invoiced and charged to the credit/debit card on file.
- Payment receipts are available to customers upon request or through the Customer Center.
- Credit/Debit Card Billing: All credit/debit cards are automatically charged on the customer’s specific billing cycle date.
- Late Fee: All past due accounts may be assessed a late fee.
- Delinquent Payments: In the event any payment is 15 days past due the account may be disabled until balances are paid in full. When disabled, all access will be suspended, and data will be unavailable.
- Deactivation: Once an account is delinquent 60 days, it may be cancelled due to non-payment. Once cancelled, the customer will not be able to recover any files until the account is current. Application data may be stored for up to 90 days post-cancellation; after 90 days, application data will no longer be available. In this event, the account record and delinquent balance will be submitted to a third-party collection service.
- Late Fee: Konnektive may assess a $30.00 late fee for any payment that is 15 days past due.
- Chargebacks: If a customer initiates a chargeback, Konnektive may assess a $50.00 processing fee for each individual chargeback.
- Returned Checks: Konnektive may assess a $50.00 processing fee on each returned check.
- Collections Fee: In the event an account is submitted to a third-party collections service, a $35.00 processing fee may be assessed to the existing account balance. This fee is in addition to any other fees previously assessed on the account.
- Interest: Any charges not paid when due are subject to interest at a rate equal to the lesser of: (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month; or (ii) the maximum interest rate allowed by applicable law.
Services purchased from Konnektive must be used within the timeframe specified at the time of purchase. Service fees are nonrefundable. In the event of cancellation, Konnektive will not prorate any portion of unused Service fees and amounts due to Konnektive must be paid in full.
Third Party Products and Advertising Usage
In the event Konnektive collects fees for any third-party products and/or services, including but not limited to advertising usage, the fees are non-refundable.
Konnektive accepts payments via credit/debit card. Konnektive currently accepts American Express, MasterCard, and VISA credit/debit cards.
Invoices are generated, and payments are collected at the beginning of each billing period. Customer billing periods typically begin on the day of the month in which the customer purchased the Konnektive subscription. Customers must request to cancel their subscriptions per the terms defined in the Agreement. In the event of cancellation, customers will still have access to their applications through the end of their final billing period. Konnektive will not prorate any portion of unused subscription services. All subscription fees are nonrefundable.
Creating a Cancellation request: A request to cancel an Konnektive application must be initiated per the terms defined in the Agreement. Emailed requests to cancel are required and can be sent to email@example.com. Customers are encouraged to keep records of all communications regarding cancellation.
Simply canceling the credit/debit card associated with an Konnektive account does not cancel the account. Konnektive will continue to treat this as an open account and the billing cycle will continue, resulting in a past due account that may be turned over to a third-party collection service. It is imperative that you submit an email per the terms of the contract if you wish to initiate cancellation of your Konnektive account.
Finalizing the Cancellation:
After a request to cancel has been initiated, you must speak with a member of the cancellation team to finalize the cancellation. Cancellations will take effect on the last day of the billing period in which the cancellation was processed by the cancellation team, subject to the terms of the “Subscription Billing” paragraph above.
Cancellation of an account does not dismiss outstanding invoices or nullify previously agreed charges, such as payments for third party fees, charged in installments or annual contract charges, portions of which may not yet have been invoiced when you cancelled. At the time of cancellation, any outstanding balance must be settled. All cancelled accounts with an outstanding balance may be turned over to a third-party collection service.
Each Konnektive customer agrees to provide Konnektive 30 days to attempt settlement of any billing dispute before disputing with any third-party credit/debit card company or bank. Should Konnektive receive a chargeback from a third-party credit/debit card company or bank on the customer’s behalf before Konnektive has been given a chance to resolve the issue, Konnektive has the right to charge the customer for its time spent in resolving such disputes and any associated fees incurred by Konnektive, in addition to the $50 chargeback fee mentioned above. Regardless of the outcome of the chargeback, Konnektive retains the right to collect on any Services or fees that are due. Konnektive may submit any disputed amounts to a collection agency. Once a chargeback has been received, Konnektive has the right to suspend the account until the matter is resolved.
Subscription and Service fees are non-refundable and will not be prorated at any time.
PGP Public Key
To migrate sensitive data to Konnektive, such as credit card information, it needs to be encrypted using this PGP key.
User Credentials: Assigned by Konnektive
1 -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
2 Version: GnuPG v2
30 -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----